Exodus to Tanzania from Kenyan Players
November 12, 2008
Many Kenyan football players are beoming marketable and are leaving the country in search of better pay packages in Tanzania. George Owino, Bernard Mwalala and Boniface Ambani are some of the players who have made a mark and are playing in the Tanzanian league for a while. It appears more Kenyan players will follow them next season as many of these Tanzanian Clubs have approached more players. Some of the Clubs targeting Kenyan players include Simba, Yanga and Azam FC. Reliable sources have found out that Tusker FC will be one of the hardest hit Clubs as their dependable players, Kenyan International Osborne Monday( pictured above), Chrispine Odula and Ibrahim Shikanda have already been approached and given an offer. The players are being targeted by Azam FC which plays in the top Tanzanian League. They are currently lying in the 8th position. It is said that Azam FC is offering irresistable packages to any player they approach.
When contacted for more information, Tusker FC’s new Head Coach James Nandwa confirmed the reports but said Tusker is yet to receive a formal offer from Azam. Tusker will then have to study the offer before giving its position.
Titus Mulama, whose contract recently ended in Sweden is also a target of Simba FC. The question is, will the Kenyan Clubs rise and offer better pay packages to their players or will they watch as the cream of the Kenyan league cross the borders and make the Tanzanian league more attractive and competitive?
- November 2, 2008 - Sundsval loses but Mambo just can’t stop Scoring
- November 2, 2008 - Confusion in KPL as Clubs move to IDAC
- November 2, 2008 - KPL Weekend results
- November 2, 2008 - KPL Managing Director cracks the whip
- October 31, 2008 - Francis Ouma’s ghost pokes Western Stima
- October 31, 2008 - Sher Karuturi deeply misled
- October 28, 2008 - Robert Mambo’s fighting spirit pays off
- October 26, 2008 - Mathare United’s steady march to league title continues
- October 26, 2008 - World Cup draws are out!
- October 12, 2008 - Kimanzi slams foreign coaches