Mulama back home after end of contract
November 4, 2008
Titus Mulama, jetted back into the country from Sweden last week immediately after the end of the Swedish third Division League. Our reporter caught up with the 28 year old midfielder at the Nyayo National Stadium last Sunday where he had gone to watch the KPL Supersports televised matches.
Titus revealed that his contract had ended with his Club, Vasterras, and would want to take a break for a few weeks before embarking on playing again. Titus’ Club did finish on the third position in the Western League and therefore missed out on the 2 promotion slots One slot went to Syrianska who topped the league and got an automatic qualification slot. Vassalunds, the runners up of the Western league were to play a playoff match against the third from bottom team from the Supperetan (second division league), to determine the second team to join Syrianska for the second division promotion. Titus is however happy to be back home with his family. Titus will make a firm decision on which club he will play for next season after talking to a few clubs which are interested in signing him both locally and abroad. “It all depends on what offers clubs make. I will have to evaluate each offer coming my way and will make a decision that will be good for me and my family”. Titus spent two years in the Swedish league.
Asked about his opinion on the local league he said, ‘The competition levels have gone very high and there are no weak teams in the league. I did follow the local league even when I was in Sweden. The Supersport deal is good for Clubs and soon we will be having many supporters back to the stadiums”.
- November 2, 2008 - Sundsval loses but Mambo just can’t stop Scoring
- November 2, 2008 - Confusion in KPL as Clubs move to IDAC
- November 2, 2008 - KPL Weekend results
- November 2, 2008 - KPL Managing Director cracks the whip
- October 31, 2008 - Francis Ouma’s ghost pokes Western Stima
- October 31, 2008 - Sher Karuturi deeply misled
- October 28, 2008 - Robert Mambo’s fighting spirit pays off
- October 26, 2008 - Mathare United’s steady march to league title continues
- October 26, 2008 - World Cup draws are out!
- October 12, 2008 - Kimanzi slams foreign coaches